Tuesday 3 June 2014

FAIRY-TALE: The Saga Continues



My feet firmly planted to the floor, I was mortified and scared beyond reason. Was Chioma dead? The loud bang that definitely sounded like a gun shot, did Chioma take her life because of the break up.
Was it really necessary to tell her that I had feelings for my ex and she was in the next room; clearly Chioma wasn’t so surprised, she already knew about it.
Chioma seemed so calm talking about us falling out of love with each other and referring to my undead feelings for my ex.
Kalu, you have done it again, you have successfully driven an innocent girl crazy to the point of suicide, was this an elaborate setup? If she can’t have me then no other person would, did she carefully orchestrate this? Clearly, the hotel staffs heard the sound too; by now security operatives should be heading to my room, a country where investigations are not properly done, if you were in the scene when an act was committed, you are guilty of the said act
Kalu, you have outdone yourself, how do I fix this? As I stood there trying to come up with a solution, a loud knock on the door interrupts my thoughts. Oh my god, they are here already. How do I fix this? On Monday, I was the richest bachelor to be married with a new deal that ran into millions, Friday night, suddenly became my last day of freedom. My supposedly planned wedding in few hours got cancelled few minutes ago; I was still searching for the best way to inform both families. How did my life get this bad? The loud knock on the door kept interrupting my thought process, tears dropping freely from my eyes again, I was indeed screwed.
I was going to act cool like nothing happened, thereby giving me enough time to fix this, frantically searching for my cell phone to call anyone who could fix this, then I realize her clothes were scattered in the room, shoes, make up kit, hand bags. Who brings this much stuff to a hotel you were supposed to spend one night. It seemed like a set up. My palms were getting wet, I was about to lose my mind, the knocks on the door became consistent. I kept screaming I wasn’t decent; they should give me more time.
I needed to get rid of her stuffs ASAP. I started packing the clothes together, pushing them into an open bag, whilst searching for where to hide it, i noticed the room had a balcony, I place the bag there. I put her makeup kit in the mini fridge, her shoes I tossed under the bed, hand bags underneath the pillow and then I used the duvet to cover the pillow.
I carefully scanned everywhere to eliminate her presence, how was I going to explain a dead fiancé to anyone and everyone.
I took off my shoes, my shirt too, I was about to go to the bathroom to pour water on my face then I remembered her body was in there as well, took out a bottle of cold water from the fridge and emptied most of its content on my body, hair and face. The knocks were getting really intense, and then I heard a voice threatening to break the door down.

I finally opened; standing outside the door was the receptionist, the owner of the hotel who was also my friend and business partner that procured my recent multi-million dollar deal, three armed mobile police staring at me. They enter the room, scanned thoroughly and asked if I had a guest in the room, to which I replied no, that it was indeed my bachelor’s eve night so it was just me in my room. I almost convinced them until the receptionist noticed a lacy bra in the waste bin, of all places I could have placed it, I chose a waste bin. The mobile police asked me again if I had a guest in the room with me, by this time I was finished, so I didn’t say a word. Everyone proceeded to the bathroom. And just before, the bathroom door was opened another mini flash back, what if I didn’t even cancel my wedding? I could have just managed a loveless marriage and kept my true love as my life long mistress, no one would get hurt. Damn you Chioma for doing this to me. The door finally gets opened; sitting on the floor with her wedding dress was Chioma, with earplugs on, a bottle of vodka. Smoking Kush. If Chioma didn’t get shot…then who did? 

1 comment:

  1. Hope it's not Kalu's ex! Next chapter pweaseeee😊

    ReplyDelete